- MIPA IP Conference 2016: Towards an IP Nation - Updates and Emerging Issues
- Joint Press Statements (Eng & BM) 012016
- GST for IP Agents - Full Analysis
- President's Keynote Speech at ALB Conference March 2015
- Membership Renewal Form 2016
- MIPA Membership Application Form 2015
- GST Opinion
- Current Constitution Of Society - ROS approved 17012015
- MIPA's response to MyIPO's proposed Trade Marks and Patents (including Utility Innovations) Fees Revision Dec 2014
- Obituary - Dato' Mohamad Bustaman Hj Abdullah
During the early days, MIPA™s regular meetings were held at the conference room in Messrs Shearn Delamore & Co. it being the office of the then President. Subsequently meetings were held at the offices of committee members.
The steady growth of MIPA resulted in the setting up of a secretariat to handle administrative and other matters of the Association. MIPA Secretariat was formally set up in March 1995 and Ms. Toni Vincent of Messrs Shearn Delamore & Co. was appointed its first Executive Secretary. In June 2000 an independent Secretariat was set up at the then Honorary Secretary, Mr. P. Kandiah™s office. This was a temporary step pending the move to a rented office space at Menara Mutiara Bangsar, off Jalan Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur. An Executive Secretary, Ms Mary Abraham was employed full time to manage the day to day affairs of the Association.
The MIPA vision of owning its own premises was realized in 2005 with the purchase of two (2) office units at Menara Melawangi, Amcorp Business Suites, Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan.
In January 2006, the MIPA proudly moved to its very own office space. The office was officially opened in June 2006 by then Director General of MyIPO, Datuk Ir. (Dr.) Hj. Ahmad Zaidee Laidin.
MIPA has come a long way since its formation nineteen (19) years ago. It continues to play an important role in promoting and enhancing IP awareness within the IP circle and the general public. Seminars and courses are organized regularly to update and bring greater awareness on Intellectual Property Rights to its members and all interested.
For more information about MIPA and its current activities/programmes and requirements to join as a member, please contact the MIPA Secretariat at: