- MIPA IP Conference 2016: Towards an IP Nation - Updates and Emerging Issues
- Joint Press Statements (Eng & BM) 012016
- GST for IP Agents - Full Analysis
- President's Keynote Speech at ALB Conference March 2015
- Membership Renewal Form 2016
- MIPA Membership Application Form 2015
- GST Opinion
- Current Constitution Of Society - ROS approved 17012015
- MIPA's response to MyIPO's proposed Trade Marks and Patents (including Utility Innovations) Fees Revision Dec 2014
- Obituary - Dato' Mohamad Bustaman Hj Abdullah
Since our last MIPA IP Conference in 2014, Malaysia has taken great strides in the field of IP. Hence an update session on latest legislative developments (including the Madrid Protocol which is round the corner) and case law (with various major court decisions) will allow us to pause and consider what is the state of play of IP in our nation today.
Going forward we know the IP world continues to be fast changing with many emerging issues and Malaysia is not excluded from this. TPPA for instance raises the IP bar for Malaysia to be in line with the IP law and systems of the developed nations – can we cope? Regionally ASEAN in her quest to be a single economic entity has embarked on various initiatives to streamline and in some cases harmonise our respective IP laws – Malaysia is part of this endevaour. What can we expect with all these emerging issues?
The road to become an IP Nation always needs innovation as the driver of IP. Innovators need to know how best to protect and gain value from their creative works through IP and also getting funding that will help any start up. There will be sessions on these practical issues.
We look forward to seeing you in our not-to-be-missed conference!